Date of Last Revision: 11th February 2020
IMPORTANT: BY USING THE SITE AND/OR THE SERVICES, YOU GIVE YOUR CONSENT THAT ALL PERSONAL DATA THAT YOU SUBMIT MAY BE PROCESSED BY US IN THE MANNER AND FOR THE PURPOSES DESCRIBED BELOW. IF YOU DO NOT AGREE TO THIS POLICY OR THE TERMS, DO NOT USE THE SITE OR SERVICES.
1. Types of Personal Information We Collect
- 1.1 Aggregate Information.
Safara uses information that does not, by itself, identify a specific individual which is used to help identify you and gather broad demographic information. Such types of information include where you visit our Site and what sites have directed you to us. This information may include the website’s Uniform Resource Locator (“URL”) that points us to the site you came from, what browser you are using, and your Internet Protocol (“IP”) address.
- 1.2 Personally Identifiable Information.
Personally Identifiable Information (“PII”) refers to the information that lets us know the specifics of who you are, such as your name, preferred contact details, your payment information, and other personal identifiers (such as a phone number). When you register for a Safara account we collect:
- Your name;
- Your email;
- Some information from your social media profile if you sign on using your social media details (further information on this is contained in Section 2.3);
- Your home address;
- Your profile photo (if one is provided); and
- Your telephone number.
2. How We Collect and Use Information
- 2.1 Use of PII.
This information is used to provide the Services, verify the identity of users, display advertising, resolve disputes, troubleshoot problems, enforce our agreements with you, and analyze how visitors use our Site and Services.
- 2.2 Use of Aggregate Information.
Aggregate Information is used for both diagnosis and statistical purposes. For example, we may use your IP address to diagnose problems without or services, software, to administer our Site, and to gather demographic information. Additionally, we may disclose website information in the aggregate for marketing and promotional purposes.
- 2.3 Use of a Social Media Account to Sign In.
When you sign in to your account using a social media account, such as Facebook login details, you give permission to such social media company to share with us your email address and certain information contained in your social media profile if they are publicly accessible on such social media profile. This information will be used to create a profile for your Safara account. If you remove Safara from the list of organizations with access to your social media information, we will no longer have access to this data. However, we will continue to have all information we received when you initially signed in with a social media profile.
- 2.4 When We Collect Personal Data.
We collect personal data from you when you:
- Create an account;
- Sign up as a Safara member;
- Make a booking
This Site has security measures in place to protect against the loss, misuse, and alteration of the information under our control. Safara uses industry standard safeguards such as firewalls, data encryption, and Secure Socket Layer (SSL) encryption. We limit access to PII only to specific employees, contractors, and agents who have a reasonable need to come into contact with your information. For example, we may provide members, agents, or representatives of our technical support team with limited access to your account in order to allow them to troubleshoot problems you may be having with the Site.
Unfortunately, no data transmission over the internet or any wireless network can be guaranteed to be completely secure. As a result, while we strive to protect your PII, you acknowledge that: (a) there are security and privacy limitations inherent to the internet which are beyond Safara’s control; and (b) the security, integrity, and privacy of any and all information and data exchanged between you and use through this Site cannot be guaranteed.
4. How Long We Keep Your PII
We keep PII only for as long as we need to. This amount of time may differ depending on what reasons we use the PII. For example, when you purchase a subscription, we need to keep your PII for accounting purposes during the term of your subscription. Once we no longer need your PII we will voluntarily delete it.
In order to use some features of the Site, you must first complete the registration process. During registration you are required to provide certain PII, including, without limitation, the information outlined in Section 1.2 above.
6. User Responsibility
You are solely responsible for maintaining the secrecy of your password and registration information.
7. User Choices on Collection and Use of Information
Safara may, from time to time, send you emails regarding new products or services. Only Safara (or members, agents, or representatives working on behalf of Safara and under confidentiality agreements) will send you these solicitations, and only if you have previously indicated that you wish to receive them. If you do not want to receive such information, you may terminate the email notifications from this Site by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org indicating your election to opt-out of further notifications.
8. Notice to Users in the European Union
- 8.1 Legal Grounds for Use of Personal Data.
We will only use your PII where we have a legal ground to do so. When we use your PII we determine the legal grounds for use. In all cases, the following are the legal grounds for which we will use your PII:
In some cases we will ask for consent to use your information for specific purposes. If we do, we will make sure you can revoke your consent in our Services or through your device permissions. Even if we are not relying on consent to use your information, we may ask you for permission to access data like contacts and location.
- Legitimate Interest:
We might use your information because we have, or a third-party has, a legitimate interest in doing so. For example, we need to use your information to provide and improve the Services, including protecting your account, providing customer support, and helping you find content we think you will like. An important point regarding legitimate interest is that our interests do not outweigh your right to privacy, therefore, we will only rely on legitimate interest when we think the way we are using your data does not significantly impact your privacy, would be expected by you, or there is a compelling reason to do so. You can always opt out from having your PII used for marketing analysis by enter the opt-out procedure for this specific type of information collection.
- Legal Obligation:
There are situations where we are legally obligated to use or keep your PII. In such cases, we will disclose PII upon receipt of a court order, subpoena, or to cooperate with a law enforcement investigation. We will fully cooperate with law enforcement agencies in identifying those who use our Services for illegal activities. We reserve the right to report to law enforcement agencies any activities that we in good faith believe to be unlawful.
We might use your information because you have entered into an agreement with us.
- 8.2 Your Rights Specific to PII.
The following are rights you hold to the use of your PII. In some cases to process these requests we may request specific information from you to confirm your identity.
- Right to be Forgotten.
You have the right to ask us to delete your PII or restrict how it is used. Absent specific legal reasons, which if applicable, we will provide a response to your request. If your request if valid, we will delete your information within a month.
- Right to a Copy of Your PII We Collect.
If you would like a copy of the PII we have collected on you or if you believe PII we collected about you is incorrect, you may write to our data protection officer (“DPO”) to review or collect the PII at email@example.com.
- Right to a Machine-Readable Version of Your PII.
You may request an export of all your PII in .csv or .xml format.
- Right to Withdraw Consent.
You may withdraw consent for us to store your PII.
- Right to Withdraw Consent for Marketing Analysis.
If you do not want us to use your PII for marketing analysis please click here.
- Right to be Forgotten.
- 8.3 Location of Information Storage.
We may collect your PII from, transfer it to, and store and process it in the United States and other countries outside of where you live. Whenever we share EU residents’ PII outside of the EU we make sure an adequate transfer mechanism is in place, including data processing agreements based on the EU/EEA Standard Contractual Clauses.
- 8.4 Response to Complaints.
When we receive formal written complaints, we respond by contacting the person who made the complaint. We work with the appropriate regulatory authorities, including local data protection authorities, to resolve any complaints regarding the transfer of your data that we cannot resolve with you directly.
- 8.5 Consent to Transfer.
By using the Services, you consent to us transferring PII about you to the United States.
9. California Privacy Rights
If you live in California and have a business relationship with us mainly for personal, family, or household purposes, under California Civil Code Section 1798.83 you may ask us about the information we release to other organizations for marketing purposes once every calendar year by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org. In the email, please make the subject line “Request for California Privacy Information."
You must be at least eighteen (18) years old to have permission to use this Site. Protecting the privacy of children is especially important to us. For that reason, we never collect or maintain PII at our Site from those we actually know are under the age of thirteen (13), nor do we allow registration of users under the age of thirteen (13).
11. Third-Party Collection of PII
12. Third-Party Policies
Links to related companies’ websites may appear on this Site. These related companies have separate privacy and data collection policies and practices. Before participating in any website activity on related companies’ websites, you should review and investigate their policies and practices. Safara is not responsible and shall not be held liable for these independent policies or practices.
- any of your information in the public domain and/or publicly available,
- data about you that is not personal identifiable information.
- privacy settings associated with your browser as each browser has its own features that allow you to control your privacy settings,
- privacy settings associated with your device as each device has its own features that allow you to control your privacy settings,
- privacy settings associated with your network as each network has its own features that allow you to control your privacy settings,
- privacy settings associated with your internet service provider as each internet service provider has its own features that allow you to control your privacy settings,
- clicking on any linked site which will take you to third-party web sites,
- accessing third-party content via downloads or otherwise,
- any data, including, personal identifiable information, disclosed in any social networking sites,
- access and use of your account by unauthorized third-parties, due to your negligence in not protecting your username or password or your disclosure of your username and/or password to others,
- where web beacons, cookies, bots or other technologies are used by third-parties, including, third-party websites to monitor and collect data about your activities on the internet, which data, may or may not, include your personal identifiable information, associated with the Site or Services,
- where third-parties automatically receive your IP address and other applicable information about you such as your location, and
- security breaches or circumstances that render data, including, personal identifiable information outside the scope of permitted access and use of the Site and the Services.